Build a new west of Boyacá, sustainable,
competitive and innovative, with a focus on
We are a non-profit subsidiary of the Muzo group and we are in charge of supporting the social management of the group's companies.
We scale our impact considering three fundamental aspects to transform the region in a sustainable way: capacity building, working together and the importance of all generations. Thus, three strategic lines require our actions:
- Food security and productive projects
- Institutional strengthening and leadership
The vision of the Muzo Foundation is aligned with the Universal Agreement for Sustainable Development and the organization tracks progress and positioning in achievements such as:
- Compliance with regulatory requirements
- Effective and continuous engagement of stakeholders
- Good relations with the communities and authorities
- Implementation of sustainable projects with a long-term vision
- Improvements in the living conditions of local communities
- Strengthening the local culture and the leadership of the trainees.
- Support to suppliers and local workers
- Good reputation and image of the Companies at the local, regional, national and international level.
Muzo Foundation Projects:
Education is the transforming axis of society. We promote human development through creative and innovative training strategies that build generations of progress, from early childhood to higher education.
- Early childhood: We strengthen comprehensive early childhood education through the training of educators and contribute to improving the quality of education, taking into account a gender approach, to contribute to building a more inclusive society, tolerant and with opportunities for all.
We benefit 60 women educators and more than 500 boys and girls between 0 and 5 years old.
- Cultural Center: We create a space for meeting, connectivity, learning, recreation, culture and free time management for the entire rural population. It is a cultural icon of the region, which promotes the closing of educational gaps and access to technology in rural communities.
It will benefit the whole community.
- Training Schools: We strengthen the processes of comprehensive training and the use of free time through crafts, dance and sports, promoting the development of talents and skills for life.
We work with 350 children and young people.
- Higher Education Scholarships: We generate growth opportunities for young people with limited economic resources in rural areas, by promoting access to higher education, so that they have better opportunities for their future and contribute to the positive transformation of the region.
Currently, we have 24 scholarship students
Food Safety and Productive Projects Line
We work to combat hunger in rural populations and promote the implementation of productive alternatives that allow the sustainable economic growth of communities.
- Community Dining Room for the Elderly. We work with the objective of improving the food insecurity conditions of the elderly in the region through a community dining room, where they are given a nutritious daily diet to improve their health conditions. We also contribute to comprehensive well-being through artistic, sports, recreational, educational and productive activities to vindicate the important role of the elderly in society.
320 older adults in vulnerable conditions benefit.
- School and Family Farms. We support the most vulnerable family members in the region to improve their possibilities of access to food, through small-scale farms, which allow them to have constant sources of proteins and vegetables. About 50 people benefit.
- Farm for the Elderly. Older adults are the most vulnerable group and do not have the option of accessing economic resources to have a decent life. With this productive project, we provide job opportunities and contribute to the well-being of this population, reducing the risk factors related to diseases, depression, abandonment and poverty.
There are 30 older adults linked to the project
- Cocoa. We promote the productivity of crops and the quality of cocoa, to guarantee a source of income for families in the region and thus improve their living conditions. We support with training, planting of new hectares of cocoa, monitoring each farmer, marketing the product and strengthening the association so that the project grows and consolidates.
250 people benefit from this project.
- Jewelry. We strengthen the capacities and competence of the inhabitants of the region and empower them to be protagonists of their development, through an innovative project with a stamp of origin. Jewelry has allowed them to learn a new trade, have a new source of work and income to improve their living conditions.
The group of new jewelers is made up of 20 people.
Institutional Strengthening and Leadership Line
We inspire communities to build a better future. We train today's leaders to build a territory of progress for all.
- Strengthening grassroots organizations and community leaders. We empower local organizations and leaders to acquire skills and develop initiatives that benefit their communities.
In these projects we work with 100 leaders.
Health is a fundamental right of every human being. We support access to medical services for the most vulnerable populations.
- Health post for the community. We guarantee adequate and timely health services to serve the rural population that requires it. During the pandemic, this project has been of great help and guidance to the communities, emphasizing the issue of prevention.
This project benefits more than 1,000 people.